Kyle’s Spicy Pickled Eggs Recipe
The joy of stickin’ yer ol’ mitt in a jar and fishin’ out a nice, ripe pickled egg ain’t a treat that should be wasted on just the rich and famous. No sir! These little darlin’s are a delight to be enjoyed by all year ‘round. And they is easy to make, and even easy to dress up with yer own secret variations, too!
- A dozen hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 2 ¼ cups apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cups white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons picklin’ spice
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes (if ya like yers spicy like I does)
- 3 ta 6 garlic cloves (peeled & halved – that’s 3 ta 6, not 36!)
- 1 good quart glass jar with good, workin’ lid (try ta use one if ya can big enough to dip yer hand in)
Now you can fancy’em up yer own way, too. Like throw in a healthy dash of mustard and/or celery seed with them other ingredients. Or put in the jar with the eggs some sliced jalapeños, or rings of sliced sweet onions, a few pickled beet slices, sprigs of fresh dill… you git the idea.
How to Fix’er Up:
Boil yers eggs up. Peel’em and set aside to let’em cool.
In yer sauce pan, heat up them other ingredients and bring to a boil fer a real short spell.
Now, fill yer glass jars with yer boiled eggs (and any of yer extra secret ingredients). Pour the mixture ya boiled up over yer eggs in the jar, enough to cover the eggs. Put yer lid on good & tight.
Next, stick that jar down in yer root cellar for a good 4 weeks (if ya ain’t got a root cellar, yer ‘fridge will work just fine).
And there ya go! Now, these babies will last in the fridge for a couple of months thereafter but mine are usually gone in a couple of hours. And if these don’t impress your droppin’ in company, I surly don’t know what will.