Kyle’s Spicy Pickled Eggs Recipe
The joy of stickin’ yer mitt in a jar and fishin’ out a nice, ripe pickled egg ain’t a treat that should be wasted on just the rich and famous. No sir! These little darlings are a delight to be enjoyed by all year ‘round. And they are easy to make and even easier to dress up with your own secret variations, too!
- A dozen hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 2 ¼ cups apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cups white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons picklin’ spice
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes (if ya like yours spicy like I do)
- 3 t0 6 garlic cloves (peeled & halved – that’s 3 to 6, not 36!)
- 1 good quart glass jar with good, workin’ lid (try t0 use one if ya can big enough to dip your hand in)
Now you can fancy’em up yer own way, too. Like throw in a healthy dash of mustard and/or celery seed with them other ingredients. Or put in the jar with the eggs some sliced jalapeños, or rings of sliced sweet onions, a few pickled beet slices, sprigs of fresh dill… you get the idea.
How to Fix’er Up:
Boil your eggs up. Peel’em and set aside to let’em cool.
In your sauce pan, heat up them other ingredients and bring to a boil for a real short spell.
Now, fill yer glass jars with your boiled eggs (and any of your extra secret ingredients). Pour the mixture ya boiled up over your eggs in the jar, enough to cover the eggs. Put yer lid on good & tight.
Next, stick that jar down in yer root cellar for a good 4 weeks (if ya ain’t got a root cellar, yer ‘fridge will work just fine).
And there ya go! Now, these babies will last in the fridge for a couple of months thereafter but mine are usually gone in a couple of hours. And if these don’t impress your droppin’ in company, I surely don’t know what will.